Groundskeeper whose responsibilities include but are not limited to cleaning designated areas assigned by the Maintenance Supervisor by performing the following duties: Property walk two times a day for trash pick-up. General maintenance items as assigned, pool/spa upkeep and clean up. Light cleaning duties as needed.
Acting under the direction of the Maintenance Manager, the Maintenance Worker is responsible for:
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Maintenance to include:
- Report to Maintenance Manager daily prior to beginning work and at days end
- Maintain courteous communication with residents, applicants, and vendors
- Maintain timecard on a daily basis
- Adhere to all company policies and procedures as established in the Operations Manual
- Maintain work and storage area in an orderly manner
- Maintain grounds, dumpster areas, and buildings on a daily basis, ensuring curb appeal is maintained to company standards
- Help with painting and cleaning as directed by Maintenance Manager, to ensure grounds, curbs, and buildings are kept to APMI standards
- Help to maintain an inventory of supplies and equipment, notify Maintenance Manager if supplies are low
- Maintain grounds and ensure lawns are mowed and trimmed
- Entries, walks, and driveways should be blown and free of debris
- Help ensure all equipment is maintained and serviced on a regular basis to ensure that all equipment is safe to operate and that operators are properly trained
- Help to ensure that the irrigation system is operating properly, checking sprinkler heads daily and notifying supervisor if repairs are needed
- Must have own basic hand tools, the property will provide power tools as required
- Make sure all exterior doors, entryways, and landings are cleaned weekly
- All other duties assigned by the Maintenance Manager, Community Director, Regional Property Manager or Management from the Home Office
The mission of American Property Management culture involves everyone being fully invested in providing a wonderful customer experience and taking care of the property like it were our own. Which means that we NEVER walk by a piece of trash or pass a task onto another staff member that we can do ourselves. To be successful in this position, you should have:
- Three to six months related experience and/or training; or equivalent.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- The ability to understand and adhere to policies and procedures, use basic math skills and effectively communicate, verbally and written, with residents and guests
- The awareness that you can occasionally be exposed to moving parts, fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals and outside weather conditions.
- Proven customer service experience
- A friendly smile and GREAT ATTITUDE